Wednesday, April 26, 2023

The End

 

The End

Thank you for your support over the last three and a half years. After much (and hard) contemplation, I’ve decided to end the Apps for Writers blog. Many things have changed over the years in the world of publishing and technology.

My intention when I began the project was two-fold. I planned to teach others about all the wonderful things out there for writers. I wanted to cut through the overwhelming choices and show authors simple ways to use apps to enhance their writing. I think we did that, thanks to you.

I also hoped to convert the blog into teaching opportunities. But then COVID hit, and everything changed. I’m a teacher by nature and history. I have a master’s in education and taught computer technology to all age groups for twenty-five years. The fall of RWA and the lifestyle changes of COVID did not allow me to accomplish this angle of my goal.

Now in 2023, everything is video from YouTube to Reels to TikTok. Honestly, there’s a reason I’m a writer, not an actor. It’s not that I can’t do a video, but I have no energy or desire to produce videos for this content. So, we are ending.

Again, thank everyone for your support, comments, and help with the blog. I will leave the content up for reference and will still answer questions.

Here’s to our next journey.

 

13 comments:

  1. Michelle Godard-RicherApril 26, 2023 at 9:46 AM

    Thanks for teaching us about all these helpful apps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all you did. I enjoyed your blog and learned much. Things do change and it's smart to change with them. All my best for your new future. D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all you've shared and taught.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so enjoyed your tips, Ginny! I might not have left a comment, but I did check in to see your helpful advice for writers. And I totally agree with what you said: "Honestly, there’s a reason I’m a writer, not an actor." You should see me smiling...

    Wishing you continued success! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've so enjoyed your helpful tips and blog, Ginny! And I totally agree with what you said: "Honestly, there’s a reason I’m a writer, not an actor." You should see me smiling... Wishing you continued success, and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed your blogs. Thanks for sharing your knowledge . Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the information you have given.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your time and effort in providing this information. I try to always read, but since I'm also usually late, I don't comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've learned a lot from you. Thank you, Ginny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been selfless in your shares and time
    Thank you and good luck for the future x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all your work helping us writers, Ginny!

    ReplyDelete