Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Portent Idea Generator

 


"If You Read One Article about Writer Apps, Read This One."

I’ve recently hit a wall with my latest book. I have no clue what to call it. Titles have always been an enigma. How do these authors pull these lovely titles from the ether and make their books sound amazing? It must be magic. Being a computer nerd, I hit up Google for assistance and found some great title generators. My next three posts will share a few I loved.

Portent is a digital marketing platform. Their site includes a blog, tutorials, and various marketing products. But there’s also a free title generator. (It’s like the DIY book covers we looked at earlier.) I don’t know the company well and am not endorsing their product. I am, however, all about using free stuff.

This site creates titles for marketing, specifically newsletters and blog posts rather than books. Type in the subject (a noun) of your post/newsletter. Many of the titles could be used for articles or other marketing devices (workshops, ads, blogs, etc.). The app taps into hot topics and keywords that will generate clicks. This may not work for your book title, but imagine all the clicks on your newsletter (which will totally lead to sales)!

The site allows you to save your ideas for future use. I absolutely saved the title “Why Writing is Scarier than Clowns.” That’s a gem you don’t see every day. The app also allows users to tweet their titles. The tweets include links back to Portent (because they do want to make money.)

Here’s the link to the site: https://www.portent.com/tools/title-maker/

Just type in your subject and hit Generate Idea. You can click on each word of your new title to get marketing tips. Love it? Hit save. Need another? Hit See Another Title. Want to try a new topic? Hit Change Subject. The site is easy to navigate and has some great marketing ideas. And I totally got the title for the blog post from the app.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment