Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Social Media for Writers

 

My blog friends, 

I have an idea. Give a listen to my proposal and let me know what you think.

We’ve worked through about twenty-five apps so far. Yes, some posts were just links to check out, but we covered some serious ground. We’ve talked about grammar, organization, writing programs, marketing, graphics, and more. I hinted at some social media sites such as BookBub, Goodreads, and Book + Main. But we haven’t tackled the big social media apps.

I’m guessing if you can find my blog, you have some grasp of social media. After talking with a good friend about Instagram, I wondered if I could help writers with social media apps, too.

Here’s my plan.

I’ll post one per app on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Twitch, Pinterest, Linktree, YouTube, Discord, and maybe a few more. I’ll do the what-is, how-to, and for-authors in one post. We’ll focus on the “how does this benefit you” side of these apps. Some are probably familiar. Others might be completely unknown. (Fortunately, I have two teenagers to assist me.)

Why am I backpedaling? Again, the conversation with my friend and the class on TikTok given by my publisher got me thinking. As authors, we need to market ourselves, our brand, and our books. Social media is the best way to get your name out there. I’ve learned many tips and tricks from classes, authors, and my teens about how to use these apps to my best benefit.

What do you all think? A couple months of social media or should we focus on marketing and writing programs?

Let me know what you think in the comments on either the blog, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. I’d love to hear your opinions. (Or tell me what other apps we should explore.)

Thanks!

Love,

Ginny


2 comments:

  1. I'm up for learning more about social media and how to use it better! Thanks for exploring and suggesting this. I'm going to go back at look at your posts now, in case I've missed some.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to compose you that little bit of note to give thanks yet again with the incredible strategies you have provided on this page. It has been so remarkably generous with people like you to supply extensively exactly what a number of us would’ve offered for sale for an e-book to make some profit on their own, principally given that you might well have done it if you ever desired. Those thoughts as well worked to become a great way to understand that many people have a similar eagerness like my own to grasp more with regards to this condition. I am certain there are numerous more pleasurable opportunities up front for those who scan through your blog. instagram panel

    ReplyDelete