Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Reference


It’s July which means I’ll continue to do these one-off apps on the blog. Last summer, I blogged about social media. The year before, I posted sites about book lists, list-serves, and the sort. (We were locked down and searching for good reads.)

This year, I’m hitting the reference section. It’s unbelievably easy to find this material on the internet. Dictionary, thesauruses, and the like abound.

Such as

Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary

Thesauruses

Wikipedia

Bartlett quotes (Apple as an app for it, too.)

Google Maps

Farmer’s Almanac

Refseek has a wide variety of source and reference material.

Basically, any reference material and research topics can be found with a simple search.

I discovered a few writer-specific reference sites I’d like to share with more details. Stay tuned in July for some interesting, silly information.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment