Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Updates—Keep, Instagram, Verve

 


Technology is always moving forward. This blog is only two years old, and I have updates on apps I featured earlier. Here’s a small rundown of the great new features.

Google Keep

Honestly, I don’t know if this is new, but I just discovered it. You can switch accounts within the Keep app on mobile. I have a Ginny Google account and one under my real name. I keep all my hashtags and author links under Ginny’s Keep. But, sometimes, when I’m out and about, I need to tweet. Keep allows me to switch Google accounts and can get at Ginny’s lists on my phone!

Also, another feature that seems new is the shopping list. If you use checkboxes to your list, Keep will suggest grocery items to add with a little shopping cart next to the item. This can make adding food and household items super-fast. If you use Keep frequently for groceries, your lists can stay on Keep or be archived to be used again and again.

Instagram

A huge update has happened for Instagram for desktop. There are new buttons! No longer will you need to use the weird go-around I mentioned to post on the site. Now Instagram has the full button menu at the top of the screen, including Add a Post. You can drop in pics from your folders and post in a snap. Phew. No more toggling advanced buttons or having weird code on the screen. We still can’t add posts to stories yet, but the desktop looks more like the mobile. You still may need to refresh the page to get new content. In a pinch, you can still use my old method when Insta claims it can’t post your pic.

Verve Romance

Book+Main has changed its name to Verve. It’s still dedicated to romance novels and book promotion, but with a whole new look. They are still using their “bite” system to promote books. They now also have products for sale, including box sets of books and reader products to enjoy those books (candles, tea, etc.). You can sign up to be a VIP and receive information about deals on products sooner. The site still has “bits” of romance novels to entice you to read. And as an author, you can still add your bites by contacting their contributor email under the Contact Us link.

I’m sure this won’t be my last “Update” post as we move forward. Feel free to contact me at ginnyfrost@ginnyfrost.com to let me know of any updates you’ve discovered. I’ll share them on the blog.

Thanks for reading!

 For more from Ginny, click here!

 

 

 

 

1 comment: