Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Google Keep 1 of 3


First App, favorite App
I’m not gonna lie. Google Keep is my favorite app. I tell everyone about it.
Daily.
It’s a nuisance.
I decided to do Keep first to get the annoying over with. But be warned, I will probably mention it again and again in the blog.

Google Keep is a notecard app. It’s part of the Google Suite. If you have Gmail, you have Keep. (Click on that 9 square grid. It’s there. I’ll wait. Oh, yeah, scroll down a few.)

The app is a basic note keeper. On screen, it looks like a series of boxes with data in each one. (Mine looks like a mind field of wonderfully colored squares.) In other words, it’s a green version of a Post-it note dream. It’s low on frills but does have some very usable tools: 
  • Taking notes.  Whether typing or speaking, Keep can write down a quick thought or idea.
  • Making checklists. Keep can easily create grocery lists, daily to-dos, and checklists.
  • Creating reminders.  Since it’s part of Google, Keep can not only put a due date on an item. It can add it to your Google calendar.
  • Organization. Notes can be sorted and color-coded for ease of use.
Keep is small, user-friendly, and cloud-based. All data is available whatever device you use. Make a note on your phone, it stays with Google and can be accessed on a computer or laptop. It also uses voice recognition, so a note can be made by speaking into the microphone. (Great for in the car.)

I love Keep. It’s the best. You’ll love it too.

In my next blog, I will put up some quick how-to-use instructions for Keep.

1 comment:

  1. Great information! Thank you. I look forward to your next Post.

    ReplyDelete